WIHAST is an organisation which manages student dormitories in Vienna.The accommodation period is usually just as long as the exchange period.
Winter term contracts normally start on 1st of September, summer term contracts start on 1st of February.
The University College of Teacher Education Vienna has been cooperating with WIHAST for many years and therefore guarantees rooms for our students.
It is also possible to make your own accommodation arrangements or to register with another organization.
Register for Accommodation
During the application procedure, please make sure that you register for accommodation for your exchange period:
1. Register at http://www.wihast.at/en/home/
2. Fill in your name, nationality, gender. Choose a single or
double room. In some cases an income statement from your parents may be required.
3. Write into the field ‘Notes‘: PH Wien/Dr. Bauer. Only then the organization can guarantee you a room.
4. Don’t forget to submit the form and also inform us by email: email@example.com
5. Please register at WIHAST before June 30th for the winter term andbefore December 1stfor the following summer term.
Single room: about EUR 304 - 391
Double room: about EUR 251 - 283
Additional fees when getting the contract:
Rent for the 1stmonth PLUS a cleaning fee (about EUR 60). Deposit for keys (about EUR 100) + deposit (about EUR 400) will be given back at the end of the exchange period.
Although bed linen and kitchen utensils are not provided, they can be purchased at very low prices in supermarkets.
If you prefer a dormitory of higher quality but more expensive, we recommend: housing.oead.at
Suggested short term accommodation (in particular for staff or teachers)
Accommodation near the university (PH Wien): To get rooms at lowest prices, please add booking codes or follow booking links as shown on the "Price list".