Upon arrival you will be picked up either at Vienna International Airport (Schwechat) or at one of the Railway Stations / Coach Terminals and taken to the address of your stay in Vienna.
Arrival Form (Download)
Vienna International Airport (VIE Schwechat)
Vienna International Airport (Schwechat) is situated outside the city area. There is convenient public transport, though. You can use trains, the City-Airport-Train ("CAT"), buses or taxis.
The Central Coach Terminal in Vienna is right next to Wiener Hauptbahnhof (Main Railway Station), but there are also other coach terminals at Wien Erdberg or Wien Praterstern. All coach terminals and railway stations are conveniently linked with other public transport - U-bahn, bus, tram, train.
You may choose to arrive in Vienna by train. Then you will end up either at Wien Hauptbahnhof (Main Railway Station) or Wien Westbahnhof (West Railway Station). Both are well linked with other means of public transport of the city - U-Bahn, tram, bus, train.
Check or Austrian Rail
Public Transport (Öffentliche Verkehrsmittel, locally referred to in short as "Öffis")
Vienna has a well-developed public transport network. Buses (and night buses), trains, rapid transit trains ("Schnellbahn"or "S-Bahn"), trams and underground lines will take you almost anywhere in the city in no time at all. The city of Vienna accounts for one full zone or core zone (known as "Kernzone" or "Zone 100").
- Einzelfahrt (single ticket) valid for travelling one way in one zone. You may change to different lines in the course of your journey, but you may not interrupt your journey. Single tickets can be purchased at a price of € 2.40 (€ 2.60 if you buy your ticket on the bus or the tram).
- Wochenkarte (weekly travel card) 17.10 EUR
- Monatskarte für Studenten (student monthly travel card) 51.00 EUR
Semesterticket für Studenten 78.00 EUR (student full semester travel card) (online: 75.00 EUR). Valid for one semester (either September to January OR February to June) Only for students whose address of residence is Vienna.
For all other students the Semesterticket costs 156.00 EUR.
- Ferien-Monatskarte für Studenten (student holiday monthly travel card) 29.50 EUR per month (valid only in July and August)
- Jahreskarte (26+) (annual season ticket) 365.00€ (paid in advance), or 396.00€ (monthly payment of 33.00€) - possibility of prior cancellation with an administrative fee of 22.00€.
Wiener Linien Online Shop (choose English)
The University College of Teacher Education in Vienna is easily accessible by underground and bus.
For the entrance at Ettenreichgasse 45A:
Take the underground U1 (red line) to “Troststraße"
For the entrance at Grenzackerstrasse 18:
Take bus 15A to the stop “Daumegasse“
We strongly advise you to use public transport as parking in the area is extremely difficult.
The University College of Teacher Education in Vienna: Site map / Campus.