- You are a teaching professional i.e. school social worker who is employed in teaching and has a special employment contract.
- Your special contract includes the paragraph: “Courses thematically related to pedagogy i.e. elective courses in the amount of 30 ECTS have to be successfully completed within the period of four years at one of the University Colleges for Teacher Education, in order to retain the right to the same remuneration model.
In order to complete the courses in the amount of 30 ECTS, you have to be enrolled as a full-time student at the University College of Teacher Education Vienna.
Please follow the below step-by step process:
- Please scan your special contract and send it via E-mail to the following address elisabeth.krassnig(at)phwien.ac.at
- Since you are already employed as a teaching professional, you have to complete only a part of the admission procedure, i.e. the individual counselling entry interview.
These individual counselling entry interviews take place at the University College of Teacher Education Vienna in the months of June and September. The study year always starts October 1. If you send us the scan of your special contract, we will keep you on the record and inform you about the next available date.
See below the available dates for the study year 2017/2018:
27.06.2017 as off 2:00 pm
28.06.2017 as off 2:00 pm
01.09.2017 as off 2:00 pm
28.09.2017 as off 2:00 pm
Attention! The individual counselling entry interview must be pre-scheduled per E-mail.
- Please bring a filled-in form “Zulassung zum Bachelorstudium Primarstufe” (Admission to Bachelor Studies Primary Level Teacher Education, download the form).
- After you receive the notification regarding your admission and enrollment at the University College of Teacher Education Vienna (you will receive all the details via E-mail), you can register for and complete the courses in the amount of 30 ECTS.
Recognition of prior certified learning: should you have already completed a study program, you can apply for recognition of prior certified learning in case of equivalent amount of ECTS and content correspondence according to § 56 HG idgF. This is, however, only possible, if you are a full-time student at the University College of Teacher Education Vienna. The application for recognition prior certified learning must be filed through PH-online. Guidelines to filing an application for recognition of prior certified learning).
Information: Courses completed within your professional development training do normally not evince ECTS. Vienna Board of Education recognizes those courses as per: 1 ECTS-Credit=25 hours of professional development training courses à 60 min.
Should you have any questions, please write an E-mail to Ms. Elisabeth Krassnig (elisabeth.krassnig(at)phwien.ac.at).